Congratulations to all of the finalists for the 2016 Athena Awards Program of Greater Pittsburgh. The Allegheny Conference on Community Development created the award to focus on three attributes – professional excellence, contributions to the community and mentorship of other women.
The finalists for the traditional Athena Award are:
- Audrey Dunning, CEO, Summa Technologies Inc.
- Kelly Gray, senior vice president, Human Resources, FedEx Ground
- Diana Reid, executive vice president, PNC Real Estate
- Tracy Vitale, superintendent of schools, Seneca Valley School District
- Yvette Williams, senior patient advocate/program manager, Allegheny Health Network/The Open Door Inc.
Finalists for the Athena Young Professional Award, presented to a woman age 35 or younger, are:
- Marteen Garay, director of entrepreneurship programming, Urban Innovation21
- Caitlin Green, vice president, PNC Bank
- Katie Kopczynski, marketing analyst, Eaton Corp.
The annual luncheon ceremony will be held September 26.
You can read more about the Athena Awards by clicking here.
We would like to congratulate the 2015 Greater Pittsburgh ATHENA Award finalists and the Young Professional Award recipients!
The ATHENA Awards recognizes exceptional women who demonstrate excellence in their profession, contribute to their community and help other women to succeed through mentorship. The ATHENA Young Professional Award recognizes an emerging leader age 35 or younger.
The Award finalists include:
- Lynn M. Banaszak, Executive Director, Disruptive Health Technology Institute, Carnegie Mellon University
- Doris Carson Williams, President & Chief Executive Officer, African American Chamber of Commerce of Western PA
- Lisa Lenihan, United States Magistrate Judge, United States District Court for the Western District of PA
- Rhonda Moore Johnson, Senior Medical Director of Health Equity & Quality Services, Highmark Inc.
- Lucille Prater-Holliday, Founder, Black Women’s Empowerment Institute
The Young Professional Award recipients are:
- Josie Badger, Youth Development Director, PEAL Center
- Meredith Meyer Grelli, Co-Founder and Co-Owner, Wigle Whiskey
- Aurora Sharrard, Vice President of Innovation, Green Building Alliance
It is particularly gratifying to see the 2015 ATHENA finalists were selected from a record number of nominees.
The 25th Annual ATHENA & Young Professional Awards Luncheon will be held Friday October 9 and is presented by the Allegheny Conference on Community Development.
Click here for tickets and more information.