NerdWallet, a consumer financial analysis firm, recently published a study that finds young entrepreneurs of all sectors in Pittsburgh have more opportunities at building a successful venture than those in many of the nation’s other cities.
Pittsburgh was ranked 13th-best region in the nation for entrepreneurs ages 25 to 34.
NerdWallert looked at the 83 largest cities in the United States and scored them on seven points:
- Commercial and industrial loans under $250,000 per capita from banks with less than $10 billion in total assets
- The number of businesses per 100 residents
- The percentage of population ages 25 to 34
- The percentage of population 25 and older with at least a bachelor’s degree
- Per capita income from 2013
- The September 2014 unemployment rate
- The cost of living index from the third quarter of 2013\
Shortcomings in one category could be offset by surpluses in another.
According to NerdWallet analyst Sreejar Jashti, Pittsburgh ranked above the national average in every category except per capita income, which he said is nearly on par with the national average.
Click here to read the entire Pittsburgh Post-Gazette article.