We are pleased to announce James A. Baldwin has joined Spilman’s Pittsburgh office as Counsel.
Mr. Baldwin’s primary area of practice is mergers and acquisitions, with an emphasis on leveraged buyouts, private equity and venture capital deals.
Mr. Baldwin brings a wide variety of experience to the firm. Some of his proficiencies include:
- Handling domestic and international private equity transactions and private equity co-investment deals
- Representing banks and corporate borrowers in debt transactions
- Counseling clients on securities matters, focusing on private placements, public offerings and public company reporting under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
- Advising clients regarding the U.S. Small Business Administration requirements, with a concentration on 8(a), veteran-owned, MBE, WBE, DBE certification and regulatory issues
- Handling cross-border transactions and international project finance transactions
- Counseling clients on the structure and terms of their relationship with private and government parties involved in project developments in foreign markets, particularly in Africa, China, Europe, Latin America and other emerging markets
- Representing energy, heavy manufacturing, telecommunications, infrastructure and financial services companies on project finance transactions
- Advising clients on formation and regulatory compliance of investment funds
Mr. Baldwin is also heavily involved in community projects. He is the Co-Founder of Friends United for Need. He serves as a Board Member for The Consortium for Public Education, in addition to the Center for Victims.
Mr. Baldwin is a graduate of Villanova University and received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center. He is admitted to the Pennsylvania State Bar and the District of Columbia Bar.
Mr. Baldwin is a welcome addition to Spilman, helping serve our clients with professional excellence, quality, integrity and fairness.
You can read more about Mr. Baldwin’s qualifications and contact him directly by visiting our website.